If you are looking for the gorgeous reflection of the sun while also digging your feet in the sand, Lake Michigan is that wonderful place to be! Whether it be Family Photos, or Engagements, Lake Michigan gives you a large variety of options to encounter the beautiful Michigan sunset(or rise).
A few locations are: Holland State Park, Tunnel Park in Holland, Saugatuck Dunes State Park, Grand Haven State Park, South Haven State Beach and Park, Glenn Beach.
If you are looking for more retro city scape, shooting downtown is a perfect pick. Benefits of shoots downtown include tons of options for backgrounds, shops, and of course... FOOD!
Some spots are: Rosa Parks Circle in GR, Rooftop Parking Garages in GR, river views in Holland, Grand Rapids(the blue bridge, Grand Rapids public museum), and South Haven, Downtown Holland, South Haven, Grand Haven and more!
Michigan is an amazing place for these types of spots! Open fields and nature parks are everywhere!
Some of my favorite spots are: Huff Park in Grand Rapids, Brewer Park in Byron Center, Riverside Park in Grand Rapids, Johnson park in Grand Rapids, Riley Trails in Holland, Grand Ravines North and South in Jenison, Pigeon Creek Park in West Olive, Ken-O-Shaw park in Grand Rapids, Paw Paw Park in Holland, Rabbit River Preserve(lots of wildflowers and board walks), and of course, Glenn Nature Preserves.
If you are feeling a little more adventurous:
1. Green Houses are awesome spot for engagement photos. WW greenhouse In Hudsonville is my favorite spot.
2. Yacht Marinas are another great location as long as access is allowed.
3. The back of a Pick Up truck: this is a super fun engagement session idea!
4. Christmas Tree Farms: There are a fair amount in the West Michigan area, but access will need to be allowed and approved prior to session.
5. Vineyards, and Orchards: There are a fair amount in the West Michigan area, but access will need to be allowed and approved prior to session.
6. The Car Wash! Such a fun and candid option for a session. Engagement photos are great here due to fun laughter, water, soap and love! But make sure to bring along your car! ;)